Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Time to reinvest in myself

Watching the Mumford & Sons "The Road to Redrocks" on this snowy morning. I loved watching these guys doing what they love, what makes them smile at the core of their beings. They were having an amazing time together on stage and how precious it was to watch this genuineness. The picture above makes me realize huge parts of my life that are missing at the moment. Joy. Laughter just because. Smiling because it's my favorite. I have let the stress of my job take a lot of this away. I have let the stress of my job take over my life. I have not worked out in quite some time. I know that physically fit for me means mentally fit yet when the students leave at 4:00 I am so spent. I have given every ounce of myself during the day I rarely have much left for myself. So the key for me as I return to school Jan. 7th is to recommit to the most important person in my life. ME. I once heard~ "You cannot give away what you do not have. If you don't have a pure and healthy love and regard for yourself, how can you possibly give that to anyone else." I am not one for new year's resolutions but this time of year when I have a few moments to myself to sit and reflect away from the hustle and bustle of school life, I can't help but find things I need to shift gears on. The start is me recognizing how far I've ventured from myself. The next step is reconnecting. That is doable. That is necessary. (funny that one huge reason I'm having an a-ha moment this morning is I actually DID NOT wake up at 4:30... I somehow slept until 6, then successfully managed to fall back asleep until... 7:50)

I feel blessed by the friends who offered to 'adopt' me for the day. I am thankful to have many close friends who know the challenges I face around the holidays and extend their loving arms to let me know I am truly loved in this world. My only hope is that you know each and every day you matter to me! 

Huggin' & Lovin' of thyself P90x style
So now that I have reflected on where I am at this moment, it is time to respond. When ya know better you do better. I am ready to spend the next twelve days shifting gears and getting my smile back in my spirit. 


"Where you invest your love you invest your life."

Awake My Soul





No comments:

Post a Comment