Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How I Jumped on the Blogging Train

I recently heard Karl Fisch speak at our Jeffco Tech Share Fair.  The keynote was amazingly motivating!  I've been batting around the idea of getting my kids connected globally for a couple years but could never find the extra.. time, motivation...   However, my excuses stopped January 22nd. 

6:00 AM January 23rd
The power of Twitter!

 
 It was this simple.  I threw out a request to my PLN (personal learning network). Within minutes, I had Tom Barrett, Karl Fisch, Rachel Forward, Lee Kolbert and many others who retweeted or said they could connect me!


~6:15 AM
I was connected!  My tweet had gone global!  The power of sending out a plea via Twitter was priceless.  My students will now be connecting with a class in Virginia, Missouri, several in the UK- London area, New Zealand and Australia is on the horizon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment